779 EAH is a restored Roadless Major Four-wheel drive tractor conversion by Roadless Traction Ltd in 1963 of a Fordson Super Major built at Dagenham, Essex, England. Owned and restored by Colin White from Newark, Nottinghamshire from a rough hedgerow find tractor bought at auction.
- Converted in 1963 by Roadless Traction Ltd
- Supplied by J.J. Wright & Sons Ltd of Derham, Norfolk
- Detailed early history unknown.
- Originally worked in Norfolk were it was found in a hedgrow.
- Sold at auction were the current owner bought it in ?
- Restored by current owner to a pristine condition.
- In the Colin White collection in Nottinghamshire.
This tractor has been exhibited at events including;
- Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show in 2008. (141)
- Add more events this tractor has been exhibited at here
|Photo||Caption / notes|
|At Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show in 2008|
|Details of Front axle, drive, and power steering. Note the cranked axle stay and track rod to clear the prop shaft.|
|Tranfer box (the Sandwich in transmission) and the dog clutch lever to engage/disengage drive to front axle.|
|The offside of the engine.|
|Add more photos of this tractor here please||add short caption here|
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
References / sourcesEdit
Photos from 2008 Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show.
- Show guide 2008
- Roadless.co.uk - official web site