Agricultural and General Engineers Ltd(AGE) Group formed by various firms in the 1919, that went bust in 1932.
This page requires writing up , any offers ? The constituent companies were assigned sectors of the market to reduce competition within the group.
The company entered receivership in 1932.
The member companies were:
- Aveling & Porter - Steam engines, rollers, agricultural machinery
- Barford & Perkins - Steam machinery, Rollers, Engines
- E H Bentall & Co- Implements and general farm tools
- Blackstone & Co - Engine builder
- Peter Brotherhood Ltd - Engine & tractors
- Bull Motors - Electric motor manufacturer.
- Charles Burrell & Sons - Steam engine builder & agricultural machinery
- Burrell's Hiring Co - Subsidiary of Charles Burrell
- Clarkes Crank & Forge Co - Lincoln based co that made cranks & forgings
- Davey Paxman & Co - Engine builders
- Richard Garrett & Sons - Steam engine builders
- James & Frederick Howard
- L R Knapp & Co
- E R & F Turner
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- Aveling-Barford formed by merger of Aveling & Porter with Barford & Perkins.
- Perkins - Engine builders
Good web page with info here: - http://www.paxmanhistory.org.uk/paxagel.htm