Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Agricultural and General Engineers Ltd(AGE) Group formed by various firms in the 1919, that went bust in 1932.
This page requires writing up , any offers ? The constituent companies were assigned sectors of the market to reduce competition within the group.
The company entered receivership in 1932.
The member companies were:
- Aveling & Porter - Steam engines, rollers, agricultural machinery
- Barford & Perkins - Steam machinery, Rollers, Engines
- E H Bentall & Co- Implements and general farm tools
- Blackstone & Co - Engine builder
- Peter Brotherhood Ltd - Engine & tractors
- Bull Motors - Electric motor manufacturer.
- Charles Burrell & Sons - Steam engine builder & agricultural machinery
- Burrell's Hiring Co - Subsidiary of Charles Burrell
- Clarkes Crank & Forge Co - Lincoln based co that made cranks & forgings
- Davey Paxman & Co - Engine builders
- Richard Garrett & Sons - Steam engine builders
- James & Frederick Howard
- L R Knapp & Co
- E R & F Turner
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- Aveling-Barford formed by merger of Aveling & Porter with Barford & Perkins.
- Perkins - Engine builders
Good web page with info here: - http://www.paxmanhistory.org.uk/paxagel.htm