The main products lines were crawler tractors and wheeled shovel loaders which were produced at the Aveling-Barford plant in Grantham. The Track Marshall crawler being introduced in 1956 under Marshalls of Gainsborough. The Marshall's business having been bought by Thos. W. Ward group in 1968.
Thomas Ward in 1975 sold Marshall Fowler Ltd. to British Leyland, along with selling off other parts of the Marshall group.
The British Leyland Specialist products division (as it was part of in the 1970s) was sold off by British Leyland in 1979 to businessman Charles Nickerson, when BL was trying to raise cash to support the cars and truck division. Non core business were disposed of or shut down. The company then traded as Track Marshall Ltd building Crawler tractors. (the Aveling name being dropped for some product lines). Nickerson later added the Leyland tractor operation as well, moving tractor production back to Gainsborough, from Leylands Bathgate plant.
Please add any know models with dates built and engine type etc. if known.
- See the Track Marshall article for the Crawler tractors range as branded Track Marshall.
- See the Aveling Barford article for the Dumper trucks and Loading shovels.
- See the Aveling Barford article for the Rollers by Aveling, and Aveling Barford.
- see the Marshall article for the Rollers by Marshall.
- Three Decades of Marshall Tractors by Peter Anderson
|Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.|