Vehicle history Edit
The detailed history of this vehicle is unknown. Can you help add any history for it ?
- Allocated to Salford City Fire service in 1941 during the Blitz.
- Decommissioned in 1962 and sold at Auction.
- Bought by a scrap dealer and stored in a barn for 25 years till 1987.
- Bought by the Museum in 1987 for the collect, as an example of a local municipal fire service vehicle.
- Currently in the collection of the Museum of Transport in Manchester.
History timeline Edit
- Built In 1941.
- Restored following purchase in 1987
Vehicle specification Edit
- Leyland TLM2A chassis
- 8.8 litre petrol engine (2 mpg, but quick for its day)
- Fitted with a Merryweather 100 ft turntable ladder
Significant Variations from original Edit
- Bought by the Museum in 1987 in original condition after being stored for 25 years
No other detailed information on this vehicles history in preservation is available.
- (Do you know of any more information to list) ?
Events attended by vehicleEdit
This vehicle has attended events including;
- On permanent display at the Museum
- add any external events this vehicle has attended here
add more photos of this vehicle here,
|Photo||Caption / Description|
|Veiw of the Ladder|
|Front 3/4 showing projection of the ladder|
|Add more photos here||add a short description or caption|
See also Edit
- List of Bus manufacturers
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Historic Commercial Vehicle Society (HCVS)
- Collections - list of private collections of vehicles (have you added your collection ?)
- Museums - includes museums featuring vehicles (please add any missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- Info based on info board displayed with the vehicle
External Links Edit