Barford and Perkins, A family firm that manufactured road construction rollers/compactors, agricultural rollers, and other agricultural machinery. The companies history goes back to 1860 when the firm was founded as Blacksmiths. After 3 generations Barford and Perkins Merged with Aveling & Porter in 1934 to form Aveling-Barford. This was following the collapse of the AGE group which they were both part of.
Details of Barford & Perkins full model range is required -
- you can help by add missing models to the list ?
- Barford & Perkins A
- Barford & Perkins A2
- Barford & Perkins A3
- Barford & Perkins BK
- Barford & Perkins C
- Barford & Perkins D
- Barford & Perkins D3 - Tandem grass roller c.1913
- Barford & Perkins D4
- Barford & Perkins E
- Barford & Perkins E2
- Barford & Perkins E3
- Barford & Perkins E3S
- Barford & Perkins J type - Tandem roller
- Barford & Perkins Q6- Tandem 6 ton quick reversing roller. petrol powered with power steering.
- Barford & Perkins Q8
- Barford & Perkins SD
- Barford & Perkins SD9 - Pioneer road roller - Diesel powered
- Barford & Perkins SD12
- Barford & Perkins RWK
- Barford & Perkins TWK
- Barford & Perkins Y4
Click Here to edit list.
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Barford & Perkins WO32||?||sn ?||?||Peter Brotherhood||Preston Services||At Preston Services||Under restoration|
|Barford & Perkins U096||?||sn ?||1926 (est)||?||Owner ?||Sydney, Australia||Sat in a Park in Lane Cove.|
|Barford & Perkins D3 - D005||?||D005||?||Peter Brotherhood Ltd||?||At Woolpit Rally||Restored example|
|Please add any machines with known reg or serial no. with a Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
- An early Diesel engined roller on display at the Vintage Excavator Trust at Threlkeld, Cumbria, is roller No. RR 067 a Barford 'Pioneer' machine of type SD9.
- Barford and Perkins D3 roller s/n D005 with Albion engine from ~ 1913, this engine was formerly restored by Aveling Barford for their centenary in 1965. Now owned part of the Seeley collection from Woolpit, Suffolk.
Other rollers world wideEdit
- the Sydney Cricket Ground in Australia has a Barford and Perkins roller from 1923 that has been restored to use.
- Aveling & Porter
- Perkins engines
- Road Roller Association
- Museums List
- Shows and Meets
References / sourcesEdit