Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Barth G.B were a manufacturer of the specialist machinery for land drainage, from the 1960's till 1984, based in Mablethorpe, Boston in Lincolnshire England.
Initially based on Fordson Super Majors & Ford 5000 4-cylinder skid units, Barth trenchers started out in the early 1960's to produce both wheeled & tracked trenching machines for the U.K. land drainage industry, which grew to flourish in the late 1970's & early 1980's allowing Barth G.B. to develop larger 6-cylinder Ford tractor based machines & ultimately the V8 Deutz engined K200.
Barth G.B. ceased trading in 1984 when the U.K. government extinguished the agricultural 50% drainage grant on 31st August of that year.
Approximately 80 Barth machines continue to operate in the U.K., most in pretty sorry states of repair, as the agricultural land drainage industry has provided meagre earnings for drainage contractors in recent years.
- Barth K140 4 cylinder Fordson or Ford 75h.p. , wheeled, vertical slide type digging boom
- Barth K140 4 cylinder Fordson or Ford 75h.p., tracked, vertical slide type digging boom
- Barth K140 6 cylinder 154h.p. Ford TW-20 skid, tracked, vertical slide type digging boom
- Barth K141 6 cylinder, dual duplex chain digging boom drive
- Barth K150 6 cylinder 186h.p. Ford TW-30 skid, tracked, parallelogram type digging boom
- Barth K171 dual duplex chain digging boom drive
- Barth K200 V8 Deutz engine
- Barth TL82 trenchless 350hp cat engine
- Barth Townsend BT141 170 hp Volvo powered trencher
Parts Supply Edit
Aardvark Equipment Ltd. of High Hall, Belchamp Otten, Sudbury, Suffolk. CO10 7BE Tel.: 01787 279196 continue to operate a parts service to support these remaining machines & also run their own 1982 6-cylinder tracked Barth K140 on a commercial basis - see picture.
- Special Purpose Machines
- List of Construction Plant Manufacturers
- List of Tractor Parts Suppliers
- Web Site Links
References / sourcesEdit
- Ford Tractor Conversions by Stuart Gibbard, p268, p270 and p274 (Barth K140 featured)
- www.vintagetractorengineer.com - Photos of a Barth K150 used on his own farm
|Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.|