|Number of locations||Bologna and Ferrara|
Benati Spa. was a Italian manufacturer of Excavators. The company folded after the death of the founder in the late 1980s.
Benati was created by Andrea Benati in 1887 to produce ploughs and then other machines for agriculture. In 1961 Benati was bought by Renato Bacchini to produce excavators and wheel loaders. During the years the product range widened to produce tracked loaders, backhoe loaders, wheel dozers and other machines such as excavators for special applications and railway excavators.
The company had four factories: Imola and others near Bologna and Ferrara. In 1989 Fiat Hitachi took a controlling interest in Benati. The last machine with Benati brands was produced at 1995. The manifacturing licenses were leased to Guria in Spain and Tortone in Argentina. Benati manufactured machines for Etec, Benmac and Demag.
The UK agents were Reekie from Scotland.
- Benati 910 HDB - 96 ton the biggest excavator produced by Benati
- Benati 140 CSB - 12 ton excavator
- Benati 230 CSB - 22 ton excavator
- Benati 3.21 - 20 ton excavator
- www.Benatigroup.com (in Italian and English) some company history and photos