Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. You can assist by editing it.|
- Date Event
- 1957 The BOPPARDER MASCHINENBAU GESELLSCHAFT MBH is founded in Boppard on the river Rhine. The world's first double vibratory roller with all-drum drive, the BW 60, revolutionizes compaction technology.
- 1962 5 years after the first hand-guided BOMAG roller was introduced, the self propelled BW 200 7-tonnes-tandem roller is launched for use on large scale projects.
- 1970 BOMAG acquired by KOEHRING Company, Milwaukee/WI, USA, giving BOMAG access to important world markets; BOMAG USA opens in Buffalo Springfield/Ohio.
- 1972 to '74 Product range expands with the addition of light tandem rollers, self-propelled rollers, plate compactors and tampers.
- 1976 Plant expansion with a new Research and Development centre - still the only one of its kind in the world. (this sounds a dubious claim as all manufactures need R&D Departments)
- 1988 Launch of the fully hydraulic BC 601 RB 28 tonne refuse compactor. The model sets new standards in waste compaction.
- 1996 VARIOMATIC, the world's first system for the automatic optimisation of compaction, is launched.
- 1997 BOMAG's 40th anniversary - more site expansion with a new powder coating plant.
- 1998/ 1999 The successful VARIOMATIC system is adapted for use on self-propelled rollers as VARIOCONTROL; a new demonstration area and communications centre opens in Boppard; the plant is extended by about 9000 m2 for new light equipment assembly, warehousing and electrical assembly plant.
- 2000 Launch of VARIOMATIC 2, a development of VARIOMATIC for use on asphalt rollers with split drums. The Boppard plant is extended with the addition of new Shipping and Visitor Centres.
- 2001 Launch of the ASPHALT MANAGER, the only system worldwide for optimum compaction and compaction control on asphalt layers. Change within the parent company: SPX Corporation, Charlotte, North Carolina, one of the most successful American conglomerates, acquires BOMAG.
- 2002 BOMAG opens new plant at Fengxian, South of Shanghai: BOMAG China. Opening of the new factory building.
- 2003 Start-up of the of the new spray painting and powder-coating plant for large components.
- 2005 BOMAG is acquired by the FAYAT-Group. FAYAT is the biggest independent group in France's private and national construction sector and operates in 6 core businesses: building and public works, steelworks, electricity, electronics and IT, road equipment, material handling and hoisting equipment and finally pressure vessels.
- 2006 BOMAG assumes responsibility for all the asphalt machinery business of the FAYAT subsidiary FAYAT Marini. This includes road pavers and cold milling machines.
- 2007 BOMAG celebrates its 50th Company Anniversary with a subsequently record year: around 2,000 employees generate a turnover of more than 600 million euros.
In 2011 the BW twin drum dash 5 range was launched.
Model Range Edit
Add details of early models here please !
- Single drum
- BW55 E
- BW71 E
- Twin Drum waljk behind
- BW62 H
- BW65 H
- BW75 H
- Twin Drum ride on
- BW80ad-S - Side clearance
- BW135AD - Heavy Duty
- BW138AD - Heavy Duty
- Trench Compactor
- Milling machines
Other compaction equipment manufacturer's