The company is now a subsidiary of the Russian RostSelMash company since 2007.
Can you help fill in the history of this company ?
In 1969 the Standard Gas Engine Works was purchased by John Buhler .
Over the years, several brands have been added to the Buhler companies range of products:
- Farm King - producers of Agricultural machinery
- Allied - ? (brand dropped) - now Farm King
- Inland - ? (brand dropped) - now Farm King
- Versatile - bought in 2001 from CNH Global when New Holland merged with Case IH, as part of the regulatory approval for the merger. The Versatile brand having been bought by Ford in the 1980s for the High hp tractor lines and merged within the Ford New Holland Agricultural division. Ford had then divested New Holland to Fiat of Italy in ?. The Versatile company celebrated 50,000 tractors being produced in 2007 just after the 40th anniversary in 2006 of the founding of the brand.
Buhler operates several modern manufacturing plants and distribution centers. Factories in Morden, Winnipeg, and Fargo, build tractors, front-end loaders, compact implements and augers.
Current Tractor rangeEdit
- Main article: Buhler Versatile
- Versatile Genesis Series of 2 & 4 WD tractors with 7 litre engines of 145, 160, 180 or 210 PTO-hp.
- Versatile 2000 Series - Discontinued
- Versatile Series (2007), 4-WD fitted with Cummins QMS 11 Ltr 6-cylinder engines.
- 400 hp
- Buhler Versatile ННТ Series (High Horsepower tractor) 4-WD range
- 535 hp.
- Main article: Farm King
- add product range summary here