At Cromford Steam Rally 2010
|Current Name||General Gough|
|Manufacturer||Charles Burrell and Sons|
|Registration no.||NO 2379|
|Machine type||Showmans Road locomotive|
|Weight Tons (kg)||? ton|
|Date into Preservation||(UK)|
|Power nhp||? nhp|
|No. of Gears||3|
|Original Owner||Swales Bolesworth of Essex|
|Current Owner / Keeper||N & B Myers & Sons of York|
|Sale Price (approximate)
Burrell no. 3888 is an Showman's road locomotive that was built in 1921 by Charles Burrell and Sons in Thetford Norfolk. This engine is named General Gough and is currently owned by N & B Myers and Sons from York, England.
Sold new in 1921 to Essex Showman Swales Bolesworth, to pull a Gondala switchback ride Bought by Nigel Myers in 1998.
Major rebuild in the winter of 2004/5.
- Please add (more) details of this engines history
- one of the previous owners was Jimmy Miller of Rambling Rose Coaches Whitchurch Bristol.
- who I worked in the late sixtys early seventies as a coach driver
- The miller family stored 2 steam engines one being the general and the other liuttle jimmy along with a couple of vehicles carrying organs and fed by paper book sheet music.
Some of the events this engine has attended include;
- Earlier years
- list events here and year
Add your photos here
- List of Named Vehicles
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- Glossary Index - use terms
- Collector & preservation related
References / sourcesEdit
- were is the info from ?
|Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.|
- add link here