Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Case IH 585 Orchard Special
|Preceded by||International 584 low profile|
|Superseded by||Case IH 585 low profile|
|Engine make||Case IH|
|Power hp||60 gross, 56 net, 53 pto, 48 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||206 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.875"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.3875"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||4-speed syncromesh with high-low-reverse shuttle|
|Gearbox make||Case IH|
|Linkage Category||Category II 3-point|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||5230 lb|
|Nebraska Tests No.||039|
See Case IH 585 for general information on the 585.
The Case IH 585 Orchard Special was based on the 585 utility but built lower and with orchard type rear fenders to protect trees from damage. The 585 Orchard Special competed with other orchard and low profile tractors and replaced the International 584 low profile.
Tractor Comparison Edit
Competition for the short-lived Case IH 585 Orchard Special came from the slightly less powerful John Deere 2255OV and the more powerful Massey Ferguson MF174S orchard models.
|Make & model||Pto hp||Cyl.||Displ.(ci)||RPM||Speeds(F/R)||Weight(lb)||Clear.(in)||R Tires||Price-$ (year)||Yrs.Blt.|
|Case IH 585 Orchard Special||53||4||206||2300||8-4 (16-8)||5230||14.9-24||86-87|
|John Deere 2255OV||50||3||179||2500||8-4||5090||14.9-24||17866 (86)||84-87|
|Massey-Ferguson 174S||57||4||236||2200||12-4 (20-8)||4685||14.9-24||18529 (86)||86-89|
For basic spec see Infobox on the right. Add details here.
- D-206 4-cylinder diesel engine
- 8-speed transmission (4-speed syncromesh with high-low-reverse)
- Adjustable sweptback front axle
- Hydrostatic power steering
- Independent pto
- Standard tires
- Front: 6.00-16 6-ply
- Rear: 14.9-24 6-ply
- Category II 3-point hitch with traction control
- 2-speed planetary power shift
- Optional tires
- Front: 7.50-16 6-ply, 9.5L-15 6-ply
- Rear: 16.9-24 6-ply, 18.4-26 6-ply
Add extra photos here please.
- ↑ Hall, Mike, Ed., The Official Tractor Blue Book 2010, Price Digests, Overland Park, Kansas, 2009
- ↑ Larsen, Lester, Farm Tractors 1950-1975, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, Michigan, 1981
- ↑ Gay, Larry, Farm Tractors 1975-1995, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, Michigan, 1995