A restored Twenty Two at the Astwood Bank Vintage Gathering in 2008
|Preceded by||Caterpillar Twenty|
|Length (inches/metres)||108 in.|
57.75 in. (40" gauge)|
67.75 in. (50" gauge)
|Height (inches/meters)||56.125 in.|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||
6,200 lbs. (40" gauge)|
6,270 lbs. (50" gauge)
The Caterpillar Twenty-two is a tractor that was introduced by Caterpillar in 1934 to replace the Caterpillar Twenty. It had a fuel capacity of 22 gallons and came in 2 model series, 2F and 1J.
The Caterpillar R-2 was a related model built for the US military.
- 40 inch Gauge
- 50 inch Gauge
- Orchard spec with high clearance variant.
The Twenty Two was built in 2 Series, with over 15,000 built over a 5 year period.
- Series 2F - 9,999 built
- Series 1J - 5155 built
A number of examples survive of theses tractors around the world.
- Please list any known examples with serial number (if possible) & approximate location i.e nearest town (not owners address).
IJ4363SP Longreach Queensland
|Make + Model No.||Serial No.||Reg No. |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Cat Twenty Two||2F1405W||?||year||engine||owner ?||
||seen at ?||Wide version|
|Fill in with your data||sn if known||?||year||engine||owner||
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Add your photos here;
References / sourcesEdit
- ↑ Orlemann, Eric C. Caterpillar Chronicle: the history of the world's greatest earthmovers. MotorBooks International, 2000, p. 30.
- ↑ http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/9/3/937-caterpillar-twenty-two.html
- ↑ Orlemann, Eric C. and Haddock, Keith Classic Caterpillar Crawlers. MotorBooks International, 2001, p. 55.