Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
at the Cumbria Steam Gathering 2009
The Claas Matador was a combine harvester built by the German company of Claas in the 1970's. This model had the engine mounted on top of the straw walker hood behind the Grain tank so was more accessible than some models of the time with engines below the Drum.
Built in 2 main versions;
- Standard Matador
- 8½ foot cut or 10 foot cut
- 62 hp (46 kW) 4 cylinder Perkins engine
- Giant Matador
- 12 foot cut
- 92 hp (69 kW) 6-cylinder Perkins A6.354 engine
A few examples exist in preservation, with the odd example still in use by small farmers.
- Standard Matador (photo above) seen at Cumbria Steam Gathering 2009
- Giant Matador (photo below) seen at Essex Country Show (Barleylands) 2009 in the harvesting demonstration.
add you photos here
References / sourcesEdit
- Claas.com - official web site