DVJ 45 is a Scammell Showmans Tractor built in 1946, by Scammell for Showman Bernard Hill. The tractor is named Empress of England. This unit is rated as a 45 ton tractor and fitted with Scammells chain drive axle. This tractor is fitted with a Dynamo for generating power for Fairground Rides. The tractor is powered by a Gardner engine.
- New in 1946 to showman Bernard Hill.
- Bought for preservation in 1972 by Current owner Colin Evans to haul his Bryan Donkins Steam plant & Vintage Showmans Caravan.
- 45 ton rated pulling capacity
- 102 hp Diesel Gardner 6LW engine - 6-cylinder
- 22 kw @ 100 volts Lister / Maudslay - Dynamo. (ex war department).
The events this vehicle has been exhibited at include;
More photos to add (please add your photos here as well)
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- List of Named Vehicles
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
- Scammell Register - owners group
References / sources Edit
- Show guide & exhibit display board.
- add any relevant web site links here please
Scammell DVJ 45 was actually collected from Scammell factory at Watford by my father John("Jack")Rawlings who was Bernard Hill's cousin,this was in 1946 the year of my birth.This was the first vehicle I ever "drove" albeit in a field at around the age of 10 or 11 years Michael.J.Rawlings