A DB 885
|Model status||Discontinued Discontinued|
|Preceded by||David Brown 780|
|Superseded by||David Brown ?|
|Engine make||David Brown|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||Na|
|Gearbox make||David Brown|
|Linkage Category||Cat I|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||1723 kg (3800 lbs)|
|Factories||Meltham, W. Yorkshire, UK|
|Nebraska Tests No.||Unknown|
The David Brown 885 was built by David Brown from 1971 to 1980 in Meltham West Yorkshire. It had a 43 horsepower (32 kW) David Brown engine.
Model History Edit
- For Company history see
- Main article: David Brown
The history of this item is unknown. Can you help add any history for it ?
- Introduced in 1971 as a replacement compact model for the ?
- 1976 - Colour scheme swapped to Case White tin & Orange mechanicals
- 1976 - Q Cab Std for UK market
- Replaced in 1980 by the David Brown ?
Factory locations Edit
- Meltham, West Yorkshire, UK
- See Info box details
Variations and Options Edit
The 885 was branded "David Brown Case"
- Low clearance option
- Weather frame - roof only option
- optional cladding kit to form a cab (185)
- canvas side screens by Lambourne (dealer alternative)
- Cab - optional
- post 1976 Q cab STD for sound regs
- Low profile Sekura Cab option
Serial Numbers Information Edit
- Can you add any details of build numbers ?
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built ?).|
|1980||? built||Last 885 built 1980|
|year||serial no||Number built||Notes|
- 885 cost £? in ? new
No information on any of these tractors in preservation is available.
- (Do you know of any examples to list ?
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|David Brown 885||-||No. 646996||year ?||David Brown||owner ?||At Pickering Steam Rally 2011|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
See also Edit
- Case IH for successor company info
- David Brown Tractor Club
- Clubs Listing - List of other tractor and vintage machinery related clubs.
- David Brown Museum
- Shows and Meets - Has some museum open day dates & Shows with DB tractors
- Collections - List of private collections - Is your missing ? (add it to the list then create a page for it and share details & photos with others)
References / Sources Edit
David Brown Tractors 1965-1988 (Book), By Anthony L. Heath
External Links Edit
- Add suitable (& Relevant) Links here