|Preceded by||30 series|
|Engine make||David Brown|
|Fuel type||Diesel, TVO, and Petrol options|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||165 cu in (2.7 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3 5/8 "|
|Stroke in (mm)||4 "|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Gearbox make||David Brown|
|Linkage Category||Cat I|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Front||6 x 16|
|Rear||13 x 28|
|Factories||Meltham W. Yorkshire|
Tow crop option|
Live PTO & hydraulics post 1957
The David Brown 900 was introduced in November 1956 to replace the David Brown 30 series. The tractor had a Red colour scheme with powder Blue wheel centres and grills. A range of engine options for all fuels was offered. The model was replaced by the David Brown 950 in 1958.
Specification / options / upgradesEdit
- Adjustable track width was offered
- A Row crop / high clearance tricycle option was offered fitted with 9 x 10 front tyre and 11 x 39 rears.
- A upgraded version was introduced with a Live drive PTO and Hydraulics in 1957.
- The chassis design changed from an open to closed side frame design at sn ? (as used on the latter 950)
About 13,000 were built.
- 900 Diesel - 900D 10001-17437
- 900 Kerosene (TVO) - 900K 10001-10265
- 900 Petrol - 900G 10001-10305
- 900 J&L series (1957-58) - J900D;J900G;J900K & L900D;L900G;L900K - 50001-55445
Add more details here please.
David Brown Tractor Museum collection at Meltham has several DB tractors.
List any known examples in preservation here;
- DB 900 shown in info box (reg no unknown)
- LAG 671 - DB 900 in Scotland 
- SFU 483 - DB 900 diesel 
- 4844 E - DB 900 with Cultivator displayed at Darley Dale Festival of Transport 2009, by J. Riley of Parsley Hay Derbyshire.
hi i got a db 900 diesel non live drive xdv101 axminster devon
- Collectors info
References / sourcesEdit