|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Key people||Sidhharth Lal (CEO)|
|Revenue (turnover)||1.7 billion (Indian Ruppee)(2005)|
- For the German Eicher company see; Eicher
Eicher Motors Ltd is a subsidiary of the Eicher Group, a conglomerate of the firms Eicher Goodearth Ltd., Eicher Ltd., Eicher International Ltd., and ECS Ltd., based in New Delhi, India. There is a joint venture with AB Volvo, as of 1 July 2009 renamed Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicle Ltd..
Eicher Motor is one of the prominent commercial vehicle manufacturer in India. The companies origins date back to 1948, when Goodearth Company was established for the distribution and service of imported tractors.
In 1959 the Eicher Tractor Corporation of India Private Ltd. was established jointly with the Gebr. Eicher company, a German tractor manufacturer. In 1960 the first tractor ever produced in India was put on the market. Today the Eicher Group is a significant player in the Indian auto mobile industry with a gross sales turnover of over INR 19,000 million ($424 million (US)) in the year 2005-06.
Since 1965, Eicher has been completely owned by Indian shareholders. The German Eicher was part of Massey-Ferguson from 1970 when MF bought 30% of the company, eventually buying out the German company 1973.
In 2005, Eicher Motors Ltd sold the Tractors & Engines business to TAFE, (Tractors And Farm Equipment Ltd), of Chennai, India.
The Eicher Group has (had) diversified business interests in design & development, manufacturing and local/ international marketing of Trucks & Buses, Motorcycles, Automotive Gears and components. In addition to this, Eicher has also invested in the potential growth areas of Management Consultancy Services, Customised Engineering Solutions, City Map & Travel Guides.
The activities of the Group are divided into the following business units covering all the business interests.
- Eicher Goodearth Limited
- Eicher Motors Limited
- Eicher Motors - Commercial Vehicles
- Royal Enfield - Motorcycles
- Eicher Engineering Components - Gears
- Eicher Limited - Investments in Group companies
- Eicher Engineering Solutions - Customised Engineering Solutions
- Good Earth Publications - City Maps & Travel Guides
- ECS Limited - Management Consulting
The Eicher company has around 2500 employees located in 4 manufacturing facilities and 49 marketing & area offices all around India. The Group has around 600 suppliers of components and sub-assemblies. The Group’s products are supplied by a network of around 381 dealers distributed across India. Eicher is present in over 40 other countries across the world.
- Eicher 10.50
- Eicher 10.59
- Eicher 10.75
- Eicher 10.90
- Eicher 11.10 - 7 ton Payload Truck
- Eicher 15.16
- Eicher 20.16
- Eicher 30.25 FE
- Eicher 30.25 XP
- Eicher 35.31
- Eicher 40.40 (Articulated tractor)- 180hp Cummins
- Eicher Terra 16 HDR - 16 Ton Tipper
- Eicher Skyline Executive - 32-40 HHR seaters
- Eicher Skyline school bus
- Eicher Starline CNG school
- Eicher Starline CNG Standard
- Eicher Starline Route Permit
- Eicher Starline school bus
- Eicher Starline Standard
- Eicher 20.15 school bus - Heavy Duty bus16 Ton platform
- ↑ http://www.blonnet.com/2009/11/11/stories/2009111150870200.htm
- ↑ Eicher article
- ↑ (Economic Times, October 6, 2006)
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Eicher Motors. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|