An imported Farmall 460 at Somerset Tractor Show 2009
|Preceded by||Farmall 350|
|Engine make||International Harvester|
C221 (gas) |
|Fuel type||Gasoline, Diesel or LPG|
The Farmall 460 was an American built model with a six cylinder engine and no rear linkage. This model dose have variable track wheels for row crop works and is fitted with a drawbar and hydraulic services. It had a 50 hp (37 kW) IH engine.
- Introduced in 1958
- Modified rear end from mid 1959 due to problems with broken transmissions from 6-cylinder engines power.
- full details unknown
- Gasoline (Petrol), Diesel or LPG
- Std Gearbox 5F 1R or the Torque-amplifier (TA) box with 10F 2R
- Utility model IH 460 or a Hi-clearance version
Located on the bell housing;
- 1958: 501 (start)
- 1959: 4765
- 1960: 16902
- 1961: 22622
- 1963: 31552
- Final: 33028
This was not a std UK model so is rare.
- Farmall 460 seen at Somerset Vintage & Classic Tractor Show 2009 - entry 103 (photo above)
References / sourcesEdit
www.tractordata.com data for most makes