|Serial no.||3002 (TRS112/06)|
|Registration no.||NK56 NRE|
|Weight Tons (kg)||5 ton|
|Date into Preservation||New Build|
|Power nhp||3 nhp|
|No. of Cylinders||Single|
|No. of Gears||2|
|Original Owner||M. Young|
|Current Owner / Keeper||M. Young|
|Notes||Recreation of a lost engine|
Foster no. 3002 is a new engine built to the Foster Wellington design. The engine is registered as NK56 NRE and has been named as Dragon. The engine was built by its owner Martin Young from Tyne and Wear over a period of 3 years. The original was built in 1904. The engine is a 4 nhp tractor design. A couple of other Wellington tractors have been built to this design by steam engine building companies for clients. One being Johnboy that was completed in 2007 by Dawson Bros. Steam services of Boston, Lincolnshire.
- A detailed history is unavailable yet. The engines build was featured in Old Glory Magazine No 226 December 2008.
Events visited by this engineEdit
Some of the events attended by this engine include;
- Barnard Castle Steam Fair
- Cumbria Steam Gathering
- Corbridge Steam & Vintage Rally
- Lincolnshire Steam and Vintage Rally
- Steam In The Park - Balado
Additional photos of this engine to be add here;
References / sourcesEdit
- Show guide + photos from the show.
- Old Glory Magazine No 226 December 2008
- add any relevant external links here