Four Wheeled Traction Ltd was a firm that built a few 4-wheel drive conversion of tractors and other vehicles. The Firm was based at 15 North Audley Street, London.
The firm supplied Kits of parts for dealers to convert tractors to 4-wd, using a sandwich transfer box that added 6" (150 mm) to the tractors length and a new front axle, assembly with steering links and a Prop shaft to provide the drive. The conversions were supplied as a complete kit for the Dealers to fit to new or used tractors.
Basically little is known, Can you help and fill in any more of this firms history ?
- 4-WD axle conversions for tractors. To fit Massey Ferguson 100 series tractors, 165, 168, 175, 178, 185, and 188, and the later Massey Ferguson 500 series 565, 575, and 590 models, from 1976.
- Massey Ferguson 165 from 1972 of Paul Taylor (seen at Bath and Southwest Tractor show).
- Massey Ferguson 165 - OTF 948G - Transfer box no. 058\\30\09 - (seen at Belvoir Castle Steam Festival 2009)
- Massey Ferguson 188 in Northern Ireland collector Mervyn McGregors fleet.
- Massey Ferguson 178 from 1969 Flynn and Dunne Laois ref www.irishvintagescene.ie
- Special Purpose Tractors
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- Four-wheel drive
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
References / sourcesEdit
- Photo of above tractor seen at Bath and Southwest Tractor show