Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Main article: Fuel cell vehicle
A few companies are conducting hydrogen fuel cell research and practical fuel cell bus trials. These include:
- Daimler AG, with thirty-six experimental units powered by Ballard Power Systems fuel cells completing a successful three-year trial, in eleven cities, in January 2007.
- Thor Industries (the largest maker of buses in the U.S.), based on UTC Power fuel cell technology
- Irisbus, based on UTC Power fuel cell technology
The first Brazilian hydrogen fuel cell bus prototype will begin operation in São Paulo during the first quater of 2009. The hydrogen bus was manufactured in Caxias do Sul, and the hydrogen fuel will be produced in São Bernardo do Campo from water through electrolysis. The programme, called "Ônibus Brasileiro a Hidrogênio" (Brazilian Hydrogen Autobus), includes three additional buses.
The Fuel Cell Bus Club is a global cooperative effort in trial fuel cell buses. Ford began leasing E-350 shuttle buses in late 2006.
- ↑ "European Fuel Cell Bus Project Extended by One Year". DaimlerChrysler. Retrieved on 31 March 2007.
- ↑ "Fuel cell buses". Transport for London. Archived from the original on 13 May 2007. Retrieved on 1 April 2007.
- ↑ "UTC Power - Fuel Cell Fleet Vehicles".
- ↑ "Ônibus brasileiro movido a hidrogênio começa a rodar em São Paulo" (in Portuguese). Inovação Tecnológica (2009-04-08). Retrieved on 2009-05-03.
- ↑ "Ônibus a Hidrogênio vira realidade no Brasil" (in Portuguese). Inovação Tecnológica (Abril 2009). Retrieved on 2009-05-03.[dead link]
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Fuel cell bus. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|