|Type||Private joint venture|
|Headquarters||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
GAC Group (50%)|
Honda Motor (50%)
A joint venture between Honda Motor and Guangzhou Automobile, it operates two plants that, as of 2009, produce the Honda Accord, Honda City, Honda Fit, and Honda Odyssey for the Chinese market. These vehicles may differ significantly from those sold in other markets under the same names.
Originally named Guangzhou Honda it soon changed this to Guangqi Honda.
Seeking to replace the loss-making Guangzhou Peugeot Automobile Company for a joint venture with another foreign car-maker, the government of Guangzhou and Honda, which beat out a number of rivals for the privilege, established Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co Ltd in May or July of 1998.
By 1999 Guangqi Honda was producing its first model, an American version Accord.
Making a product that the Chinese consumer had familiarity with through high quality imports as well as a pre-existing sales and service network for these cars may have contributed to the early success of Guangqi Honda. A recently failed joint venture between the Guangzhou Government and Peugeot also helped to prepare the ground.
Safe boat transportEdit
Beginning in 2009, Guangqi Honda has distributed automobiles by ship–reducing secondary transport distances and transport losses while also being environmentally responsible. The company also uses rail and road transport.
EverusEditEverus (Li Nian
Customer service awardEdit
Guangqi Honda ranked highest in customer satisfaction with authorized dealer after-sales service according to the J.D. Power Asia Pacific 2009 China Customer Service Index Study.
- ↑ 2009 Environmental Annual Report, Honda - Report scope Honda Official Site
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Brief Introduction Guangqi Honda Official Site
- ↑ Guangqi Honda Automobile Co., Ltd. Honda Official Site
- ↑ China's Guangqi Honda at 95 pct of 2009 sales target reuters.com, Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30pm EST
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 UPDATE 1-Honda targets China sales of 730,000 units in 2011 reuters.com, Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:05am EST
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 AUTOSHOW-China joint venture brands eye growth in inland cities reuters.com, Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:44am EST
- ↑ Guangzhou Honda officially renamed Guangqi Honda gasgoo.com, April 23, 2009
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Global Strategy - By Mike W. Peng Cengage Learning, 2008, ISBN 0324590997, 9780324590999, Page 423
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 China CEO: a case guide for business leaders in China By Juan Antonio Fernandez, Liu Shengjun John Wiley and Sons, 2007, ISBN 0470822244, 9780470822241, Page 91
- ↑ Honda to Bring Lowest-priced Model to China tradingmarkets.com, 21 Jan 2010 07:07:33 EST
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Environment:FY2009 Initiatives Honda Official Site
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 "New Models from the 2010 Guangzhou Auto Show (2): GAC-Honda Everus S1", ChinaAutoWeb.com.
- ↑ J.D. Power Asia Pacific Reports: Guangqi Honda Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Dealer Service in China jdpower.com, 30 July 2009
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Guangqi Honda Automobile. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|