FANDOM


Hindustan Tractors
Predecessor Tractors and Bulldozers Private Ltd
Hindustan Tractors & Bulldozers Ltd
Successor Gujarat Tractors
Mahindra Gujarat Tractors Ltd
Gromax Agri Equipment (GAEL) ([{Trakstar]])
Founded 1959
Defunct 2001
Headquarters Vishwamitri, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Industry Agriculture machinery & tractors
Parent Hindustan Motors

The company began in 1959 in Vishwamitri, Vadodara, Gujarat, India as Tractors and Bulldozers Private Ltd and imported tractors. Manufacturing of tractors began in 1963, in collaboration Motokov-Praha (Zetor) of Czechoslovakia, and was known as Hindustan Tractors & Bulldozers Ltd[1]. In 1967, it became Hindustan Tractors Ltd. The tractors were based on the Zetor tractor design and sold under the Hindustan brand. In 1967, it became Hindustan Tractors Ltd. In 1978, the Gujarat, Indian government formed Gujarat Tractors from the ailing company. In 1999, Mahindra Tractors purchased 60% of the company, and in 2001, purchased the remaining 40% of the company, renaming it Mahindra Gujarat Tractors Ltd.[2]

Tractor modelsEdit

Hindustan Tractor Models
Model Year(s) of Production Horsepower Engine Type Misc Notes Photo
Hindustan 35 36 hp (27 kW) licensed Zetor
Hindustan 50 (H50) 50 hp (37 kW) licensed Zetor Hindustan tractor
Hindustan 50HX backhoe 82 hp (61 kW) Perkins
Hindustan 60 60 hp (45 kW) licensed Zetor
Hindustan 3033 crawler Cummins
Hindustan D6H crawler 165 hp (123 kW) Caterpillar based on Caterpillar
Hindustan G-312 44 hp (33 kW)
Hindustan G-453 28 hp (21 kW) Hindustan licensed Zetor
Hindustan G-614
Hindustan G-804 80 hp (60 kW)
Hindustan MG 405
Hindustan Shaktimaan 614


Dragon b&w ad (Hindustan) - 1995

1995 Article on Dragon Tractor

Tractors built by Hindustan Tractors for other companies
Model Year(s) of Production Horsepower Engine Type Misc Notes Photo
Dragon ? 31 hp (23 kW)
Dragon G-312 1995-1998 44 hp (33 kW)
Dragon G-614 1995-1998
Dragon G-804 1995-1998 80 hp (60 kW)

ReferencesEdit

External LinksEdit