The term Hitch is used to describe a whole range of different systems used to attach something to a tractor or machine.
- Three-point hitch - American term for what is known in the UK as the Three-point Linkage on the back of tractors.
- Fifth Wheel Hitch- The turntable and Pin assembly used on articulated lorries and trailers.
- Quick Hitch - Generally used to describe the system of attaching a Excavator Bucket or attachment to the machine by an adaptor plate that can be latched and unlatched manualy or hydraulicaly instead of taking the Pins and bushes out with a hammer each time from the Bucket and arm.
- Scammell Hitch - Forerunner to the Fifth wheel used on the Scammell Scarab to enable swapping trailers rapidly.
- Ball Hitch - Usual method of coupling trailer to a Car or Van, also used on light trucks and Caravans. But capacity load limited. (For HD applications a NATO Hitch or a Jaw Hitch is used.)