International 1965 D-1000 Travelall at American Truck Historical Society show, Modesto, California, 1998
|Manufacturer||International Harvester Co.|
|Capacity tons/GVW/GCW||½-ton, 5000 lb GVW|
|Model||BG-241 (V-266, V-304 optional, V-304 in show truck)|
|Cylinders||6 (V8 optional and in show truck)|
|Displacement ci / L||240 ci (266, 304 optional, 304 in show truck)|
|Power HP @ rpm||141 @ 3800 (155 @ 4400, 193 @ 4400 optional, 193 in show truck)|
|Gearbox make (model)||International T-4 (Borg-Warner automatic optional, in show truck|
|Gears (forward speeds)||3 (4-speed, 3-speed automatic optional)|
|Axles & drive|
|Tires standard/optional||7.75-15 4-ply / 8.45-15 6-ply (LT225/75R16C on show truck)|
In 1965 the D-1000 replaced the 1000 with minor styling changes, mainly adding a new grille made up of short vertical bars. The engine options were unchanged: the BG-241 6-cylinder and V-266 and V-304 V8s. The maximum GVW was unchanged at 5000 lb. The Travelall station wagon was still treated as a body option for the D-1000 chassis, not a separate model.
- International A-100 Series
- International C-100 Series
- International Trucks
- International Harvester
- Navistar International
References / sourcesEdit
- Crismon, Frederick W. (1995). International Trucks. Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin.
- Mroz, Albert (1996). The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Trucks and Commercial Vehicles. Krause Publications, Iola, Wisconsin.
- Hays Antique Truck Museum, Woodland, California
- Heidrick Ag History Center, Woodland, California
- American Truck Historical Society