The L-150 series was a group of light-duty 1½-ton models, all lighter than the KB-5 the L-150 series replaced. The specific L-150 model was down-rated to 9,000 lb GVW for unfavorable operating conditions such as off-road use. International recommended the standard 7.50-17 8-ply single rear tires for this load level, but the show truck had duals in the rear. The L-151, with the same specifications except for tires, was rated at 10750 lb GVW for use in intermediate conditions such as hilly secondary roads. For this load level International recommended 7.50-17 dual rear tires. The L-152 model was rated at 12500 lb GVW for use on level highways at moderate speeds. For this service International recommended 7.00-20 8-ply dual rear tires.
- International KB-5 Truck
- International R-150 Series
- International Trucks
- International Harvester
- Navistar International
References / sourcesEdit
- Crismon, Frederick W. (1995). International Trucks. Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin.
- Mroz, Albert (1996). The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Trucks and Commercial Vehicles. Krause Publications, Iola, Wisconsin.
- [http://truckmuseum.org/ (Hays Antique Truck Museum, Woodland, California)
- [http://www.aghistory.org/ (Heidrick Ag History Center, Woodland, California)
- [http://www.aths.org (American Truck Historical Society)