|Preceded by||Farmall BWD|
|Superseded by||International B450|
|Engine make||International Harvester|
|Engine model||IH BD 264|
|Power hp||50 hp bhp, 42 hp (drawbar), 47 hp (belt)|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||264 cu in (4.3 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||4 inches (102 mm)|
|Stroke in (mm)||5.25 inches (113 mm)|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Clutch||12 in Dry-plate|
|Linkage Category||Cat I|
|Length (inches/metres)||125 inches|
|Width (inches/meters)||70 inches|
|Height (inches/meters)||66 inches|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||5,648 lb|
|Factories||Doncaster, Yorkshire, England|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||£735 1954 (launch)|
The International Super BWD-6 was built by IH GB from 1954 to 1958 at the Doncaster, England plant.
Model History Edit
- For Company history see
- Main article: International Harvester
The tractor was based on the American Farmall W6 model, with a diesel engine designed for the UK market.
- In ?
Factory locations Edit
- Built at the IHGB Doncaster, England factory, as the First UK built model rather than a UK assembled machine built from imported parts.
See Infobox for basic details
Variations and Options Edit
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built 5539).|
|1958||4926-6039||1074||Last built sn No.6039|
A few examples have been restored to a very high standard and others are retained in as found condition.
- (Do you know of any examples to list) ?
- CAS 391 of David Allwood of Lincolnshire, featured in the Old Tractor Magazine of May 2008.
- GGV 261 - Exhibit 216 at Belvoir Castle Steam Festival 2009 Restored with a 2 Two Furrow plough. (no sn plate)
- TDG 199 - 1957 fitted with a Boughton winch and belt pulley owned by S. Beale at Stoke Goldington Steam Rally 2009.
- REDIRECT Template:PML MCCormick Super BWD-6
Add your photos here.
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit