International T-4 1960
|Preceded by||New model|
|Power hp||34 net, 33 pto, 26 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||123 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3.125"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||5-speed sliding gear|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||5349 lb (operating)|
International Harvester Co. of Canada, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada |
Melrose Park, Illinois, USA
|Nebraska Tests No.||754|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$3980 (1960)|
The International T-4 compact crawler was built by International Harvester of Canada. It was a different design than the U.S.-built T-340, with smaller dimensions and a lower profile. The T-340 was built for industrial purposes as well as agricultural while the T-4 was mainly designed for agricultural use, especially in orchards. The T-4s engine was the 123 ci 4-cylinder gasoline from the International 240 wheel tractor. The transmission was the same 5-speed as the T-340, with optional Torque Amplifier.
- 1959 - International T-4 introduced in US
- 1960 - T-4 discontinued in US
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track gauge: 38", 48", or 68"
- Track rollers: 4 rollers, 0 top idlers
- Track shoe width: 10"
- 123 ci ohv 4-cylinder gasoline engine
- 5-speed sliding gear transmission
- Electric starting
- Live pto
Variations and Options Edit
- Wide gauge version
- 5-roller track frame
- Optional track shoe width: 12" or 14"
- Torque Amplifier 2-speed planetary
- 3-point hitch (Category 1)
- Electric lights
- Hydraulic system
- Constant running pto
- Radiator guard
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit