Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers.
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada |
Melrose Park, Illinois, USA
The International T-5 series was made up of two compact crawler tractors built by the International Harvester company's Canadian branch from 1959 to 1960 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and Melrose Park, Illinois, USA.
The International T-5 series compact crawlers were built by International Harvester of Canada. They were different in design from the U.S.-built [[International T-340 series|T-340 series], with smaller dimensions and a lower profile. The T-340s were built for industrial purposes as well as agricultural while the T-5s (and slightly smaller T-4) were mainly designed for agricultural use, especially in orchards.
The T-5 was the very similar to the T-4, with the same dimensions but a slightly higher weight. The engine was the slightly larger 135 ci four from the T-340, adding 3 more pto hp and 3 more drawbar hp. The TD-5 was the diesel version of the T-5, with the British International BD-144 engine, as used in the McCormick International B-275, but set at a higher rpm.
- 1959 - International T-5 series introduced in US
- 1960 - T-5 series discontinued in US
Specific model listingEdit
Factory locations Edit
- International Harvester Co. of Canada, Hamilton, Ontario
- Melrose Park, Illinois, USA
- Track gauge: 38", 48", or 68"
- Track rollers: 4 or 5 rollers, 0 top idlers
- Track shoe width: 10" and 12"
- 135 ci ohv 4-cylinder gasoline engine or 144 ci 4-cylinder diesel
- 5-speed sliding gear transmission
- Electric starting and lighting
- Live pto 1000 rpm
Variations and Options Edit
- Wide gauge version
- 5-roller track frame
- Optional track shoe width: 12" or 14"
- Torque Amplifier 2-speed planetary
- 3-point hitch (Category 1)
- Hydraulic system
- Constant running pto
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1959||501||1344||844||Calculated from serial range|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit