Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
International TD-14 wide gauge 1940
|Preceded by||McCormick-Deering TD-40|
|Superseded by||International TD-14A|
|Power hp||62 belt, 52 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||461 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||4.75"|
|Stroke in (mm)||6.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||dual-range sliding gear|
|Clutch||Rockford single plate|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||15900 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||17.5 ft|
|Factories||Melrose Park, Illinois, USA|
|Plow rating||6-8 14"|
|Nebraska Tests No.||343|
The International TD-14 was identical to the T-14 except for its diesel engine, which was essentially two-thirds of the 6-cylinder diesel of the TD-18. The TD-14 replaced the McCormick-Deering TD-40. At 62 belt and 52 drawbar hp the TD-14 had quite a bit more power than the 1940 3-cylinder Caterpillar D-6 but less than the 3-cylinder 2-cycle Allis-Chalmers HD-7 and a little less than the Cletrac DD. In mid-1941 Caterpillar replaced the 3-cylinder D-6 with the all-new 6-cylinder D-6 that was larger and more powerful than the TD-14. When the D-6 got a larger engine in 1947, the TD-14 was falling behind its main competition. In 1949 International brought out the more powerful TD-14A.
- 1939 - International TD-14 replaced the McCormick-Deering TD-40
- 1949 - The uprated International TD-14A replaced the original TD-14
Factory locations Edit
- Melrose Park, Illinois, USA
See Infobox for basic details
- Track gauge: 55"
- Track shoe width: 16" (1940)
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track gauge: 74"
- Optional track shoe widths: 14", 18", 20", or 22"
- Belt pulley
- Electric lights and starting
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
Little information on individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any more examples to list ?
- International TD-14 sn TDF2827 of M. Coupland of Lincs seen at Carrington Steam and Tractor Rally in 2010
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International T-14
- International TD-14A
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit