International TD-15 Series 150, 1958
|Preceded by||TD-14 Series 142|
|Superseded by||TD-15 Series 151|
|Power hp||105 net, 84 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||554 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||4.625"|
|Stroke in (mm)||5.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||sliding gear with reverse shuttle-bar|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||21950 lb|
|Nebraska Tests No.||750|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$22565 (1961)|
The TD-15 Series 150 replaced the TD-14 Series 142. Weight and power were both increased about 10 percent. International had built a 525 ci 6-cylinder industrial engine that was effectively a TD-9 Series 91 engine with two added cylinders. The new D-554 engine in the TD-15 was based on the industrial engine, with a 1/8" larger bore. It replaced the long-serving D-461 4-cylinder diesel of the TD-14. The twin-stick dual-range 6-speed transmission of the TD-14 was replaced by a single-stick 6-speed with a shuttle-bar forward-reverse lever. The TD-15 and other new International models were available in Federal Yellow paint as an alternative to Harvester Red.
The TD-14 Series 142 was already equal in size and power to the Allis-Chalmers HD-11 and Caterpillar D-6. The TD-15 moved a step ahead of the others. It cost more than the D-6 but nearly equaled it in numbers produced, at least in some years. The Oliver OC-15 that came out the same time as the TD-15 had slightly more power but less weight.
- 1958 - International TD-15 Series 150 replaced the TD-14 Series 142
- 1961 - TD-15 Series 151 replaced the Series 150
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 6 rollers, 2 idlers
- Track gauge: 56"
- Track shoe width: 16"
- Electric lights and starting
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track gauge: 74"
- Optional track shoe widths: 20" (and probably others)
- Belt pulley
- Hydraulic system
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
Little information on individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any more examples to list ?
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Make & model||reg no||serial no||date built||engine||owner||
|seen at||misc info|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-14 Series 142
- International TD-15 Series 151
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit