Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
International TD-20B 1967
|Preceded by||TD-20 Series 201|
|Power hp||160 net|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||429 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||4.5"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.5"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||power shift with torque converter|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||30300 lb|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$38800 (1970)|
The International TD-20B replaced the TD-20 Series 201. A new 429 ci turbocharged 6-cylinder diesel, similar in design to the 361 ci of the TD-15B, replaced the 691 ci engine of the old TD-20 Series 201. The International DT-429 engine was rated at 150 net hp initially and increased to 160-hp in 1965. A 4-speed partial power shift transmission (2-speed power shift combined with 2-speed manual and torque converter) replaced the old manual 6-speed.
In 1963 the 150-hp International TD-20B, with its small high-speed turbocharged engine, was equal in power to the Allis-Chalmers HD-16 with its big low-speed non-turbo engine but the International was 10 hp behind the Caterpillar D-7E. International went to 160 hp in 1965 but the new power shift Allis-Chalmers HD-16DP jumped to 170 hp and Caterpillar went to 180 hp in 1966.
- 1963 - TD-20B replaced TD-20 Series 201
- 1971 - TD-20C replaced TD-20B
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 6 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 74"
- Track shoe width: 20"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 24"
- Belt pulley
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1963||4001||4670||670||Total calculated from serial range|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- [International TD-20 Series 201]]
- International TD-20C
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit