International TD-30TC, 1962
|Preceded by||New model|
|Superseded by||International TD-25C|
|Power hp||320 net engine|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||817 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||5.375 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||6 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged & intercooled|
|Transmission type||2-speed constant mesh with torque converter and 2-speed planetary power shift in each track|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||55000 lb|
For gear drive version see: International TD-30
The International TD-30TC used a more powerful intercooled version of the turbocharged engine from the gear drive TD-30. The International DTI-817C was also governed at a higher 2100 rpm. The transmission was the same as in the old TD-25TC Series 250: 2-speed constant mesh combined with torque converter and 2-speed power shift tracks. The 320 hp (240 kW) TD-30TC was about the size of the 1955 Caterpillar D9D that had founded this class of crawlers, but was quite a bit smaller and less powerful than the 385 hp (287 kW) 1962 Caterpillar D9G.
- 1962 - TD-30TC introduced
- 1965 - Model discontinued
Factory locations Edit
See Infobox for basic details
- Track frame: 7 rollers, 2 top idlers
- Track gauge: 84"
- Track shoe width: 26"
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 28"
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1962||1501||1675||175||Total calculated from serial range|
|Total built||578||Not including 1967|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-30 (gear drive version)
- International TD-25C
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
External Links Edit