International TD-9 Series 92
|Preceded by||TD-9 Series 91|
|Power hp||66 net, 56 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||282 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||6|
|Bore in (mm)||3.6875"|
|Stroke in (mm)||4.390625"|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||turbocharged|
|Transmission type||sliding gear|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||11800 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||14 ft|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$10250 (1962)|
The International TD-9 Series 92 replaced the Series 91. The new model was the same size and looked about the same but a lightly-turbocharged version of the smooth-running 282 ci 6-cylinder diesel engine from the wheel tractor line replaced the old 350 ci four. The TD-9 Series 92 was fairly evenly matched with the gear-drive Allis-Chalmers HD-6, Caterpillar D-4, and Oliver OC-12.
- 1959 - 6-cylinder TD-9 Series 92 replaced Series 91
- 1962 - TD-9B replaced TD-9 Series 92
See Infobox for basic details
- Track gauge: 60"
- Track frame: 5 rollers, 2 idlers
- Track shoe width: 13"
- 281 ci turbocharged 6-cylinder diesel engine
- 5-speed transmission
- Electric starting and lighting
Variations and Options Edit
- Optional track shoe width: 18"
- Hydraulic system
Factory locations Edit
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year|| Serial no. run|
| Serial no. run|
|1959||501||2352||1852||TD-9 Series 92|
|Total built to date||6000|
No information on any individual examples of these tractors in preservation is currently available on here.
- Do you know of any examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- International TD-9 Series 91
- International TD-9B series
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of International Harvester Vehicles
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- Please supply some relevant references or sources for information for verification of data.
External Links Edit
- Add any suitable (& Relevant) web links here