A JCB 3CX sitemaster
The JCB 3CX is a family of backhoe excavators built by JCB in the UK and a various factories around the world. The range was introduced in the 1980s to replace te JCB 3C range and has evolved over the past 30 years, to meet changing demands and the world wide markets differing requirements in each country. The 3CX is the worlds no.1 backhoe loader.[citation (source) needed]
- mid 1970s Project 200 starts development of the replacement for the JCB 3C range
- 1980 the JCB 3CX is launched in ablaze of publicity.
- 1981 the JCB 3CX sitemaster introduced as a multipurpose tool for sites.
- ? 10,000 th machine sold
- ? The equal wheel JCB 4CX added to the range
- 2010 the Union Jack 3CX shown at Hillhead
- Modular design
- JCB built axles
- JCB gear box
- Perkins engine
- JCB 3CX
- JCB 3CX Sitemaster
- JCB 3CX Hammermaster
- JCB 4CX 4x4x4 version
- JCB 215 US model - 15 ft dig
- add more models here
References / sourcesEdit
- JCB history - "The First 50 Years"