Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Headquarters||Bridgewater, Somerset, England|
L.F. Jewell Ltd of Bridgewater, Somerset, England was a Ford Tractor dealership.
When Roadless Traction Ltd went bankrupt in 1983, L.F. Jewell bought the manufacturing rights to the Roadless designs, work in progress, stock and the spares business. It took 5 days and 14 articulated lorries to move the stock to Jewell's Bridgewater premises.
From the Stock and partially-built tractors they assembled several machines, which were sold as "Jewelltrac"s.
They built several tractors including these;
- Jewelltrac 103 - (Roadless 9804)
- Jewelltrac 116 - Ford 8210 Skid unit
- 5 sold to Wimpey construction in 1984
- 19 built for Tanzanian Railways, with 6 later being sold on to KLM, in Holland as aircraft tugs.
- Jewelltrac 120 - built from partially assembled Roadless 120. 1 only built going to Bruff Drainage for use on land drainage works.
- Jewelltrac Logtrac - unfinished Roadless Logmaster that was redesigned - 1 only built and after evaluation testing sold off to Scottish Estate.
- 4-wd conversion kits of Axles, Transfer box, Track rods, Clutches and Adaptor gears to fit Ford 8210 tractor Skid units, used by Phoneix Engineering to build various machines.
Kelland take overEdit
In 1985 Kellands Group, a local distributor of construction machinery bought L.F.Jewell Ltd. Kelland then went bust in 1991. Kellands was then rescued and are still trading and now own the Multidrive tractors business and sprayers.
Roadless was then sold off to Roger Haynes, a local farmer 7 contractor from Evesham, with a long association with Roadless as a tester. He then carried on the parts supply business as Agrosave before retiring and selling it to Dave Pantry in 1996 ?
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- County - main competitor
- Ford- suppliers of skid units
- Ford Engines - used in conversions
- Selene - Axle manufacturer
- List of Tractor Dealers
- List of Tractor Parts Suppliers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2011)|
|Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.|