Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are several collectors with extensive collections that they open to the public.
Collections & MuseumsEdit
- The Science Museum London has a large collection of 45 (march 2005) (but a lot are in storage).
- The MERL project has compiled a list of collections and their holdings. Also a list of important machines not held in national collections that it is considers would be desirable to preserve examples of.
- Museums List
- Toddington Manor - Gardens and a collection of tractors open to the public. Check opening dates Here
- Add other suitable collections here !
- Vintage Excavator Trust Collection (VET) at Threlkeld Slate Quarry, Cumbria.
- Walton Hall Museum Collection of Road rollers , based in Linford Essex.
- Combine Harvesters
- The MERL project has compiled a list of collections and their holdings. Also a list of important machines not held in national collections.
- There is a Scottish Rural life centre with a large collection.
- A few collectors have preserved machines, mainly early ones that are used for odd plots or demonstration days occasionally.
- Add Suitable collections here !
- Carters Steam Fair - Traditional travelling steam fair.
- Dingles Steam Village & The Fair Ground Heritage Trust - Based in Devon.
- Scarborough Fair Collection - Collection of Steam Fair related exhibits at "Flowers of May Holiday Park" nr. Scarborough in Yorkshire. Collection started by Graham Atkinson. Includes "Iron Maiden" a well known Showmans Locomotive.
- Strumpshaw Hall Steam Museum - The Key family collection of Traction engines, Stationary beam engines + miniature railway
- Thursford Steam Museum - The G. Cushing collection of Rollers & Organs
List of MuseumsEdit
- Main article: museums
With Collections of Steam engines, Old machinery, and Tractors etc.
- The Science Museum, London. - Huge range of Industrial Heritage on display.
- Kelham Island Industrial Museum, Sheffield - Large Stationary Steam Engine and other industrial heritage.
- Museum of Science and Industry (MoSI) in Manchester - Tractors, trains, engines and general engineeing exhibits. (Lot of interactive displays for kids)
- Iron Bridge gorge & Coalbrook Dale Museum nr Telford in Shropshire.
- Anson Engine Museum, Poynton nr Manchester - Collection of engines from earliest to most modern ( Mirrlees No.1 to the record breaking JCB Dieselmax engine.
- Internal Fire Museum of Power, Wales - Museum to the Internal combustion engine (Privately run)
These are extensive collections of machines held by individuals. They are Not open to the public normally , but are often shown to organised (invited) private tours of Enthusiasts & local Collectors clubs. Some have an annual Charity open days. They often exhibit items from their collections at the various shows during the summer. Others just exhibit them at the many classic vehicle and steam shows around the UK and Ireland.
- Inclusion - Generally if the owner is a regular exhibitor and has 3 or more tractors or has won trophy's at shows then they are classed as a 'collector' by Tractor Wiki. The main purpose of the collection pages are to showcase their hard work and link the other articles on the individual tractors. The list does not aim to be 100% accurate as collectors buy and sell tractors, and several large collections have been dispersed following the death of the creator. But any additional information is welcome to update the entries and add new ones to ensure greater accuracy.
- S.E. Davis & Son collection - Annual open day and Host of Astwood Bank Vintage Gathering at Redditch, Worcestershire.
- Alan Atkinson collection - Steam Engines, Commercial vehicles, classic cars, steam models & Rally organiser.
- Andrew Beaulah - Holds Annual working Weekend for Members of the VET at his farm in East Yorkshire.
- Adrian Patterson - Priestman collection based at the VET site in Cumbria.
- J.C. Balls & Sons - Displays at various Derbyshire shows and at SED
- Mike Eacock collection - mainly JCB based collection
- Fred Knight collection - Farmer/contractor Fred Knight regularly holds working days for plant on his farm & invites other collectors. (Fred Knight and Friends - Working day)
- Martyn Williams collection - ACMOC Chapter II member regularly shows items from this growing collection of classic plant at local shows, in Wales.
- Ian Hartland collection - Founder member of the Vintage Excavator Trust and Host to the collection at Threlkeld in Cumbria.
- Peter Gaskins collection - collection of Marshall and Fowler machinery.
- John Hanlon collection - Collection of early tractors in Ireland (Organiser of the World Record for the most Vintage Tractors working in one field at Cooley, in Ireland.
- John Bownes collection - This collection is mainly based on tractors built by Roadless. (John is the current owner of this famous brand).
- G. Yarwood collection - Award wining Ford & Roadless collection, includes a stunning J J Thomas conversion.
- Dave Weedon collection home to many machines built by Caterpillar, Scammell, Rotinoff, Priestman, Euclid, and Diamond T.
- Robert Crawford collection - Large collection of Steam engines and Vintage tractors, with some very rare (unique) items.
- M. Robinson collection - Lincolnshire collector of vintage tractors
- R. Parrott collection - Norfolk collector of Charles Burrell and Sons steam engines
- P. Hedger collection - Commercial vehicles.
- David Parfitt collection - Pre-1930 steel wheeled tractor expert & web master of the excellent Steel Wheels web site for pre-1930 tractors.
- Keith Vickers collection - unusual tractors
- John Moffitt collection - Included the Ivel tractor.
- William Hunter collection - Commercial vehicles
- P. Wareing collection - Commercial vehicles and steam wagon.
- Alan Atkinson collection - Commercials and steam vehicles
- Booth family collection - Heavy haulage tractor units
- John Johnstone collection - Steam and heavy haulage units
- Miles Fox collection - classic commercials
- Graham Booth - see Both family collection
- add others here
(if you have more than 2 classic or vintage vehicles you are a collector) !!
These are collections (mainly private) that have been dispersed (usually on the death of the original collector). Information based on press articles. List is to provide links within individual machines histories. For all vehicles and machinery types featured in Tractor Wiki.
- Please expand this list with relevant entries.
- Lillywhite collection - Cars, Steam engines & Road Rollers.
- Viv Kirk collection - Steam Fair related items included several Showman's Engines.
- The Goodman collection - Tractors, dispersed at auction by Cheffins