Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an alphabetical list of sovereign states and dependent territories in North America. This list uses the most inclusive definition of North America, which covers the landmass north of the Panama-Colombia border, and the islands of the Caribbean. North America is the northern continent of the Americas, situated in the Earth's northern hemisphere and almost totally in the western hemisphere. It is bordered on the north by the Arctic Ocean, on the east by the North Atlantic Ocean, on the southeast by the Caribbean Sea, and on the west by the North Pacific Ocean; South America lies to the southeast.
This section contains areas that are not sovereign states, but are not part of the sovereign states listed above. This includes dependent territories and integral areas of a primarily non-North American state.
Dependencies that are not internationally recognised, or not in effect, are listed in italics.
|Flag||English Short Name||English Long Name||Capital||Currency||Domestic Short Names|
|Bonaire [n 6]||Bonaire||Kralendijk||United States dollar|| Dutch: Bonaire|
|Guadeloupe [n 7]||Guadeloupe||Basse-Terre||Euro||French: Guadeloupe|
|Martinique [n 7]||Martinique||Fort-de-France||Euro||French: Martinique|
|Saba [n 6]||Saba||The Bottom||United States dollar|| Dutch: Saba|
|San Andrés and Providencia [n 8]||Archipelago of San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina||San Andrés||Colombian peso||Spanish: San Andrés y Providencia|
|Sint Eustatius [n 6]||Sint Eustatius||Oranjestad||United States dollar|| Dutch: Sint Eustatius|
|Federal Dependencies of Venezuela [n 9]||Federal Dependencies of Venezuela||Los Roques||Venezuelan bolívar||Spanish: Dependencias Federales de Venezuela|
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Member of the Caribbean Community. The Caribbean Community also includes Guyana and Suriname.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Member of the Central American Integration System.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Member of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Certain U.S. government documents list these as unorganized, unincorporated territories of the United States. For the most part, however, they are under Colombia administration as an integral part of Colombia, part of the San Andrés department. They are also claimed by Nicaragua, and in part by Jamaica and Honduras.
- ↑ Claimed by Haiti.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Part of the Netherlands.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Part of France.
- ↑ Part of Colombia.
- ↑ Part of Venezuela.
- List of North American countries by GDP per capita
- List of North American countries by GDP PPP
- List of sovereign states and dependent territories in the Americas
- List of sovereign states and dependent territories in South America
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at List of sovereign states and dependent territories in North America. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
<span id="interwiki-tr-fa" />