Lister Model D no. 86878 is a restored 2 hp Lister D type stationary engine and a Bruston dynamo, generating set of 1 kW capacity at 50 volt D.C. Owned and exhibited by Chris Sant of Harrogate, Yorkshire.
- Built in 1928
- Modified in 1929 by Listers
- Sold in 1931 to Eric Thompson of Thirsk to light a shop.
- Found in 1982 in an Allotment shed in Scotch Corner by Dennis Hornby of Brompton on Swale
- Restored by Chris Sant of Harrogate Yorkshire with a reconstructed control pane from reclaimed bakalite switch gear.
This engine has been exhibited at events including;
- Preservation related
References / sourcesEdit
- Info board exhibited with engine and show guide