|This article is a stub. You can help Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki by expanding it.|
|Founder(s)||J.C. & K.C. Mahindra|
, IndiaMumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Industry||agriculture machinery, automotive, heavy trucks|
|Revenue (turnover)||31,957.83 crore (US$7.09 billion) (2010).|
|Net income||2,871.49 crore (US$637.47 million) (2010).|
Mahindra & Mahindra is a large conglomerate based in India. It was founded by brothers J.C. & K.C. Mahindra after K.C. Mahindra visited the United States and met the designer of the original Jeep. Mahindra & Mahindra was created to assemble Jeeps in India in 1945 (originally as Mahindra & Mohammed).
Several divisions exist that are involved in Real Estate Development, Finance, Logistics, Hospitality, Information Technology
Mahindra & Mahindra is a major automobile manufacturer of utility vehicles, passenger cars, pickups, commercial vehicles, and two wheelers. Its tractors are sold on six continents It has acquired plants in China and the United Kingdom, and has three assembly plants in the USA. M&M has partnerships with international companies like Renault SA, France in establishing Mahindra Renault, and with International Truck and Engine Corporation, USA for Mahindra Navistar.
M&M has a global presence and its products are exported to several countries. Its global subsidiaries include Mahindra Europe Srl. based in Italy, Mahindra USA Inc., Mahindra South Africa and Mahindra (China) Tractor Co. Ltd.
M&M made its entry into the passenger car segment with the Logan in April 2007 under the Mahindra Renault joint venture. M&M will make its maiden entry into the heavy trucks segment with Mahindra Navistar, the joint venture with International Truck, USA.
M&M's automotive division makes a wide range of vehicles including MUVs, LCVs and three wheelers. It offers over 20 models including new generation multi-utility vehicles like the Scorpio and the Bolero. It formerly had a joint venture with Ford called Ford India Private Limited to build passenger cars.
At the 2008 Delhi Auto Show, Mahindra executives said the company is pursuing an aggressive product expansion program that would see the launch of several new platforms and vehicles over the next three years, including an entry-level SUV designed to seat five passengers and powered by a small turbodiesel engine. True to their word, Mahindra & Mahindra launched the Mahindra Xylo in January 2009, and as of June 2009, the Xylo has sold over 15000 units.
Also in early 2008, Mahindra commenced its first overseas CKD operations with the launch of the Mahindra Scorpio in Egypt, in partnership with the Bavarian Auto Group. This was soon followed by assembly facilities in Brazil. Vehicles assembled at the plant in Bramont, Manaus, include Scorpio Pik Ups in single and double cab pick-up body styles as well as SUVs.
Mahindra & Mahindra has controlling stakes in Reva electric and has submitted letter of Intent for South Korea's Ssangyong 
Mahindra plans to sell the diesel SUVs and pickup trucks starting in late 2010 in North America through an independent distributor, Global Vehicles USA, based in Alpharetta, Georgia. Mahindra announced it will import pickup trucks from India in knockdown kit (CKD) form to circumvent the Chicken tax. CKDs are complete vehicles that will be assembled in the U.S. from kits of parts shipped in crates. On 18 October 2010, however, it was reported that Mahindra had indefinitely delayed the launch of vehicles into the North American market, citing legal issues between it and Global Vehicles after Mahindra retracted its contract with Global Vehicles earlier in 2010, due to a decision to sell the vehicles directly to consumers instead of through Global Vehicles. However, a November 2010 report quoted John Perez, the CEO of Global Vehicles USA, as estimating that he expects Mahindra’s small diesel pickups to go on sale in the U.S. by spring 2011, although legal complications remain, and Perez, while hopeful, admits that arbitration could take more than a year. Later reports suggest that the delays may be due to an Manindra scrapping the original model of the truck and replacing it with an upgraded one before selling them to Americans
In 2010, India's Mahindra & Mahindra Limited was named as the preferred bidder to acquire the bankruptcy-protected SsangYong Motor Company. Mahindra is expected to gain a controlling stake in the company by March 2011 and the planned acquisition has been approved by South Korea's Free Trade Commission
- Mahindra Armada
- Mahindra Bolero
- Mahindra Commander
- Mahindra Goa
- Mahindra Invader
- Mahindra Legend
- Mahindra Logan car (in association with Renault).
- Mahindra Marshal
- Mahindra Major
- Mahindra MM540DP
- Mahindra MM550DP
- Mahindra Scorpio
- Mahindra Thar
- Mahindra Utiliti
- Mahindra Xylo
- Mahindra 750DP
- Mahindra Special Services
Mahindra Special Services Group was established in 2001 as a separate division under Mahindra & Mahindra and since then has been a leading player in the field of information security. Mahindra Special Services Group helps organisations retain and enhance competitive advantage through information security & de-risking strategies.
- Mahindra Defence Systems
Mahindra Defence Systems belongs to the Specialty Businesses of the Mahindra Group. Mahindra Defence Systems oversees the requirements of India's defence and security forces
- Main article: Mahindra Aerospace
It is the first Indian private firm to make smaller civil aircraft for the Indian general aviation market.
Farm Equipment SectorEdit
Mahindra Farm Equipment Sector includes the Mahindra, Mahindra Gujarat, Mahindra China Tractor, Mahindra Swaraj and Huanghai Jinma tractor companies, Mahindra Agribusiness (food production and exports) and Mahindra Powerol for the production of power generation units.
Systech is the automotive component sector that includes companies that engineer, forge, and produce various components for the automotive industry.
Two Wheeler SectorEdit
The Two Wheeler Sector builds Mahindra scooters.
- ↑ "The 20 largest companies in India - Rediff.com Business". Rediff.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-10.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ http://www.mahindra.com/Heritage/History.html
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_India_Private_Limited
- ↑ Mahindra in China,.
- ↑ Mahindra buys UK company.
- ↑ Mahindra-Renault Launch the Logan,.
- ↑ M&M in Ghana,.
- ↑ Mahindra exports to South East Asia, .
- ↑ Mahindra Acquires Italian Auto Design Firm.
- ↑ Mahindra Scorpio in SA, .
- ↑ Mahindra-Renault Launch Logan, additional text.
- ↑ The Hindu on Mahindra International,.
- ↑ Mahindra Looking for Expansion,.
- ↑ "M&M net soars 152% as Xylo picks up speed". dnaindia.com (2009-07-31). Retrieved on 2009-09-11.
- ↑ M&M in Egypt, .
- ↑ in Brazil, Egypt,.
- ↑ Posted by Fahimz. "Teen Traders' Blog " Blog Archive " Mahindra now submits letter of intent for Ssangyong". Topupguru.com. Retrieved on 2010-09-28.
- ↑ Ulrich, Lawrence (24 December 2009). "2009 Was a Clunker. Time to Cash It In.", The New York Times. Retrieved on 27 December 2009.
- ↑ "Mahindra Heading Stateside in 2009?". The Auto Writer. Retrieved on 2008-06-14.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 "Mahindra Planning Kit Assembly of Diesel Pickups To Avoid Chicken Tax". Motor Trend, Benson Kong, 1 June 2009.
- ↑ "Report: Mahindra introduction to U.S. 'indefinitely delayed'". Autoblog (18 October 2010). Retrieved on 19 October 2010.
- ↑ "Global Vehicles USA Still Hopes to Sell Mahindra Truck by Spring". pickuptrucks.com (8 November 2010). Retrieved on 12 January 2011.
- ↑ Edward Niedermeyer (December 30, 2010). "Mahindra Delay Explained? New Pickup Model Coming". "The truth about cars". Retrieved on 12 January 2011.
- ↑ Česky. "SsangYong Motor Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved on 2010-11-23.
- ↑ "Mahindra Aero bets on components - Money - DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved on 2011-03-03.