Malcolm Martin Trucks Ltd were manufacturers of the Bonsar Utility truck used in factories and Market gardens etc. The firm was based in Kirkby in Ashfield for many years.
- Originally designed by Frank Bonser,of Bonser Engineering, Hucknall, Notts. Design and manufacture of truck taken over in 1965 by Malcolm Martin Engineering.
- Malcolm Martin Trucks Ltd was founded in 1967, and continued making the trucks at Wheatley Ave, Kirkby in Ashfield, Notts.
Malcolm Martin who is living in Exeter Devon was Managing Director. The truck was sold by dealers all over the Uk and also to many overseas countries. The company made both 1/2 ton and 1 ton hand start and electric start petrol and diesel engined vehicles. The name of the truck was changed to Bonza.
- Business sold in 1985 to Gordon B Davenport, Shrewsbury.
- 2009 rights to the Bonsar truck sold to SCH-Supplies a manufacturer dealer of compact equipment for the Grounds care and estate management sector.
- 1 ton Truck
- Martin Truck Model H - ?
- Bonsar Model P - 9 hp - 1000kg capacity
- Bonsar model D - 10 hp - 1000kg capacity
There are a group of collectors of these handy trucks, with a Bonsar Owners Group.
References / sourcesEdit
- www.sch-suplies.co.uk Official UK spares agent for Bonsar trucks