Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
History time lineEdit
|This article may require cleanup to meet Tractor Wiki's quality standards. (Consider using more specific cleanup instructions.) Please help improve this article if you can. The talk page may contain suggestions.|
- 1953 : Creation of "BRAUD & FAUCHEUX"
- 1958 : Marcel Braud imagines the first rough-terrain forklift truck, launched under the MANITOU brand.
- 1969 : 10,000th truck sold.
- 1970 : Start of Manitou's international expansion.
- 1972 : Sales partnership agreement for the distribution of Toyota industrial forklifts in France.
- 1972 : Manitou (Site Lift) Limited formed in the UK as the first overseas subsidiary of the Manitou company. A depot was opened at Avenger Close in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire.
- 1975 : Manitou (Site Lift) Ltd relocates to Mayflower Close, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
- 1981 : Launch of the first telescopic forklift truck models
- 1984 : Manitou shares are listed on the on the Paris Stock Exchanges unlisted securities market.
- 1989 : 1st MLT MANISCOPIC designed for the agricultural market
- 1989 : Initial telescopic forklift truck sales in agriculture
- 1991 : Takeover of LOC MANUTENTION and enlargement of its warehousing equipment operations.
- 1995 : Development of activities in aerial platforms for personnel and in truck-mounted forklifts.
- 1995 : Establishment of a joint venture with Toyota for the manufacture of industrial forklift trucks for European market.
- 2003 : Expansion of manufacturing facilities in the United States and Italy
- 2004 : MANITOU celebrates the release of its 200,000th rough-terrain forklift truck by changing its logo.
- 2004 : Form partnerships agreement with Gehl (United States) for Industrial and commercial applications.
- 2005 : Setting up of subsidiaries in China and Australia.
- 2005 : Manitou UK Ltd adopted as new company name in place of Manitou (Site Lift) Ltd, for UK distributor.
- 2006 : Madame Andrée BRAUD, founder of MANITOU passed away on the 1st of April.
- 2007 : Opening of a new Spare Parts Center for Europe.
- 2008 : Began purchasing Gehl, deal not closed until 2011. Includes the Mustang brand as well.
- 2012 : Signed strategic alliance with Yanmar. Manitou will sell compact excavators built by Yanmar under the Gehl and Mustang brands, and supply Yanmar with Skid-steer loaders and compact track loaders to be sold under the Yanmar brand. Manitou had previously sourced compact excavators and all-wheel steer loaders from the Wacker Neuson Group.
- Manitou MB25 Forklift
- Manitou 633-120LS Telscopic handler
|This section requires expansion.|
Current Range (post 2000)Edit
- 2008 Range
- Manitou Agricultural Range
- Manitou Construction Range
- Manitou Heavy Lift Range
- Manitou Slewing M Series (400' rotation)
- MRT1432 - 13.8 m lift, 11.63 m reach 3.2 ton capacity
- Manitou Slewing Privilege Range (continuous rotation)
- Manitou Attachment Range
- lifting beam
- Man basket
- List of Construction Plant Manufacturers
- List of Engine Manufacturers
- Glossary Index
- JLG Industries
References / sourcesEdit
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found