Marshall no. 78667 at the Astwood Bank Vintage Gathering 2009
|Manufacturer||Marshall, Sons & Co.|
|Registration no.||HO 6360|
|Machine type||TE (formerly Roller)|
|Model type/class||Class S|
|Weight Tons (kg)||10 ton|
|Date into Preservation||Unknown|
|Power nhp||5 nhp|
|No. of Cylinders||Single|
|Cylinder type||Piston Valve|
|No. of Gears||2|
|Current Owner / Keeper||S.E Davis and Son|
|Date bought (Current)||?|
|Notes||Named after owners Daughter|
Marshall no. 78667 is a Traction engine built by Marshall, Sons & Co. in 1925 as a S class roller with the Registration Numbers of HO 6360 that is named Emily. The Engine was formerly a Steam roller, but was converted to a Traction engine several years ago (circa 1964). The engine is currently owned by the Davis family near Redditch.
Built in 1925 as a Marshall Class S Steam roller, but was converted to a traction engine several years ago (circa 1964). The engine was a 10 ton roller with a power of 5 nhp. The engine is one of several in the S.E. Davis & Son collection near Redditch.
- please add more details of this engines history here if known.
- Please add any other events attended (+ photos if possible)
- Astwood Bank Vintage Gathering - hosted by the Davis family.
Other photos of this engine.
- please add your photos here
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- Shows and Meets - other events guide
- Clubs Listing
References / sources Edit
- The Traction Engine Register 2008 for age & power data.
- Show guides for basic description.