Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
McCormick-Deering W-30 from 1932 brochure
|Power hp||33 belt, 24 drawbar|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||284 ci|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||4.25 in|
|Stroke in (mm)||5 in|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||sliding gear|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Length (inches/metres)||121 in|
|Height (inches/meters)||63 in|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||5150 lb|
|Turning circle (nominal) inches/meters||27 ft|
|Nebraska Tests No.||210|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||$975 (1932)|
The McCormick-Deering W-30 was built by International Harvester from 1932 to 1940.
For company history see main International Harvester article.
The McCormick-Deering W-30 was a standard 4-wheel tractor with the same engine as the Farmall F-30. In appearance it resembled the older McCormick-Deering 10-20, but it was slightly modernized and lacked the louvered hood side panels of the older model. The W-30 was planned as the more-powerful replacement for the 10-20, but the 10-20 remained very popular and both tractors ended up being produced simultaneously for several years.
Factory locations Edit
International Harvester Tractor Works, Chicago, Illinois
See infobox for basic details
Variations and Options Edit
- W-30 Orchard model
- W-30 Orchard California Special model
- 4-speed transmission replaced 3-speed in 1938
- Available rubber tires
- Front: 6.00-16
- Rear: 11.25-24
- Front: 7.50-16, 7.50-18
- Rear: 11.25-28, 12.75-24, 12.75-28
- Front: 6.00-20
- Rear: 11.25-28, 12.75-28, 13.50-28
Serial numbers and production figuresEdit
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built 32,531).|
Note: "Number Built" and "Serial Run" may not always agree if they are based on different International Harvester records. Different parts of the company did not always agree on the interpretation of production vs. sales or model year vs. calendar year vs. sales year vs. fiscal year.
Tom & Patty Sapak, Saginaw, Michigan own a restored 1935 W-30.
Add extra photos here please.
- List of International Harvester vehicles
- International Harvester
- Case IH
- Farmall F-30
- McCormick-Deering 10-20
- ↑ Wendel, C. H. 1981. 150 Years of International Harvester, Crestline Publishing Co., Sarasota, Florida. (serial numbers p.412)
- ↑ Klancher, Lee 1996. International Harvester Photographic History, Motorbooks International, Osceola, Wisconsin, p.68
- ↑ Leffingwell, Randy 1999. International Harvester Tractors, MBI Publishing Co., Osceola, Wisconsin. pp.87,190