|Predecessor||Merton Sand and Gravel Pits Limited|
|Headquarters||Feltham Middlesex, England|
The Merton Engineering Co. Limited who were based in Feltham Middlesex, England produced a range of machines that appear to have disappeared into History, along with many other British engineering firms.
The company started in 1921 as "Merton Sand and Gravel Pits Limited". Sometime in the 1940s/50s it changed its name to "Merton Engineering Co. Limited" and then again sometime later to "North Feltham Engineering (Merton) Limited" before eventually closing its doors on 7th October 1985.
Company registration number: 179230
The company was based at North Feltham Trading Estate, Faggs Road, Feltham, Middlesex and was listed in the local Feltham phone book ( until June 1968) - Feltham 3045
- Merton Overloader - Based on a Fordson E1A Major tractor. (photo above) A David Brown version was also produced called the DB30.
- Merton Two Way 454 Loader - based on a 4WD Roadless tractor.
- Merton 4 Wheel Drive Shovel 100B
- Merton 4 Wheel Drive Shovel 130B - photo here on Album-MMT site (Italian)
- Merton Frontloader 59
- Merton Root Grubber
- They also built a 'universal' machine fitted with a Sherman Backhoe built under license in the UK by Bray who were based virtually next door.
References / sourcesEdit
- Brochure Photo on CMN.net
- B&W photo of loader in action
- add more relevant web site links here please