The North Yorkshire Vintage Society was formed in ? to help promote the preservation of vintage machinery in North Yorkshire. The Yorkshire area was a big farming area from flat lands of East Yorkshire through to the sheep country of the Dales and the Scottish borders. A number of Notable firms were founded in the Yorkshire area.
Local Yorkshire firmsEdit
- Please expand list with any other Yorkshire agricultural machinery manufacturing companies and old dealers
- Bamlett - Thirsk
- David Brown Tractors - Meltham Mills - West Yorkshire
- John Fowler & Co. - Leeds
- International Harvester UK's main factory was in Doncaster in South Yorkshire
- Rippon Farm Services - Tractor & machinery dealers
The society holds regular meetings were guest speakers attend and give talks on the old firms and farming history.
An annual show is held for members and other to exhibit there collections, and the public to see these historic machines and reminisce about days gone by when most people had worked on a farm or helped out with the harvest at some time.
- NYVMS Annual Vintage Working Rally - 26 & 27 th September 2009 .
Society members also attend other events around the County and further afield.
- Clubs Listing - List of Vintage & classic machinery related clubs (Is your club missing ? Add it to the list ! )
- Shows and Meets - Shows, rallies, meets etc. for vintage machinery collectors in Yorkshire. ( please add any missing events to the list)
- Duncombe Park Steam Rally - held in the grounds of the stately home at Helmsley.
- Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally - Steam rally held in August in East Yorkshire.
- Harewood House Steam Rally - In the grounds of the stately home near Leeds
- Masham Steam Engine and Fair Organ Rally - just outside the Market town of Masham
- Newby Hall Vintage Gathering - Tractor and vintage machinery rally held in the grounds of Newby Hall & Gardens at Rippon in North Yorkshire in June.
- Pickering Steam Rally - Steam rally held in the North Yorkshire town of Pickering
- Scammell Gathering - Ackworth - An annual event by Scammell enthusiasts held in West Yorkshire in early May.
References / sourcesEdit
- Please add any related links here