The Potato planter is a attachment designed to mechanise the process of planting potatoes. The planting by hand was very laborious and slow. The device works by forming 2 slits in the ground by use a double sided plough body and point to open up the slit. the potatoes are the dropped from a hopper into the trench at intervals by an operative t each side of the machine. Some machines also have a fertiliser applicator fitted. The potates are the covered over, and once sprouting are ridged up by a similar double plough device called a ridger.
- List of Types of Agricultural Machinery
- Potato spinner - device for lifting the potato crop.
- List of Ferguson machinery
- List of Massey Ferguson machinery
- Glossary Index - list of common terms