They build tractors under the SAME, Lamborghini, Hurlimann and Deutz-Fahr brands, and combines under the Deutz-Fahr and Ðuro Ðakovic brands. SDF builds some tractors for AGCO, of which they own a small percentage.
- 1972, SAME purchased Lamborghini Trattori S.p.A., which was founded by Ferruccio Lamborghini, creator of the Lamborghini cars.
- 1976, SAME purchased Hurlimann, based in Switzerland, and later changed their name to S-L-H (SAME-Lamborghini-Hurlimann).
- 1995, SAME purchased Deutz-Fahr from KHD in Germany, and changed the corporate name to Same Deutz-Fahr. The production of combines was out-sourced to AGCO.
- 2002 SDF bought out Greaves of India. They were in a joint venture with the Greaves company of India and built the 'Same Greaves' tractors.
- 2003, SDF invested in Deutz AG, the German engine-manufacturer, also formerly part of KHD Group.
- 2003, SDF also purchased 10% of the Finland based Sampo Rosenlew, a manufacturer of forestry equipment and combines.
- 2005, SDF purchased the Ðuro Ðakovic combine business based in Croatia. Ðuro Ðakovic built combines licensed from Deutz-Fahr, and provided SDF with combine manufacturing facilities.
Add details of models produced here please.
- Related companies
Based on Wikipedia article
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Same Deutz-Fahr. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|