|This article needs references that appear in reliable third-party publications. Primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject are generally not sufficient for a Tractor Wiki article. Please add more appropriate citations from reliable sources. (June 2008)|
|Type||Publicly traded Aktiebolag (OMX: SAND)|
|Key people||Anders Nyrén (Chairman), Olof Faxander (President and CEO)|
|Products||Tools for metal cutting, mining and construction tools, stainless steel and special alloy products|
|Revenue (turnover)||SEK 82.65 billion (2010)|
|Operating income||SEK 11.03 billion (2010)|
|Profit||SEK 6.634 billion (2010)|
|Total assets||SEK 90.00 billion (end 2010)|
|Total equity||SEK 33.81 billion (end 2010)|
Sandvik is a Swedish company founded in 1862 by Göran Fredrik Göransson in Sandviken. It is a high-technology engineering group and a world-leader in tooling, materials technology, mining and construction. It has about 47,000 employees in 130 countries, with annual sales of approximately SEK 83 billion.
Sandvik consists of three business areas as following:
Sandvik Materials Technology Edit
Sandvik is the strategic partner to medical technology companies that can support at each step, from R&D to the launch and in the production of the next generation of medical materials and medical devices.
- Main article: Sandvik Tooling
- It is composed of several brands as a result of Sandvik acquiring other corporations and keeping their brands. Tooling began as Sandvik Coromant and Coromant remains one of Sandvik Tooling's most important brand.
- Another "Brand" is the Dormer Tools company of Sheffield, England. Formerly known as the "Sheffield Twist Drill and Steel Co. Ltd" whose brand name is "Dormer".
Sandvik Mining and ConstructionEdit
- Main article: Sandvik Mining and Construction
- Hydraulic breakers (hammers) for Excavators and demolition machines.
- Manufacture cutters and ground engagement wear parts (Cutting tools and replaceable teeth)
- Mining machinery
- Conveyor components
- Services, including performance contracts delivered with 'On Demand' pricing models.
Sandvik's first overseas arm was in Birmingham, England. The UK headquarters is now in nearby Halesowen, and each year the company provides the city's official Christmas Tree, which is erected in Victoria Square.
Competitors Include Edit
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Sandvik. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|