Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Scarborourgh Fair Collection is a large collection of Steam Fair related exhibits at "Flowers of May Holiday Park" nr. Scarborough in Yorkshire, England. The collection was started by Graham Atkinson owner of the holiday park. The exhibits include "Iron Maiden" a well known Showmans Locomotive. An impressive collection of Fair ground organs is a major part of the collection, and are used for regular Tea Dances, and public performances. The collection also house fairground rides like Gallopers.
A New Exhibition hall opened in June 2008 to house the collection.
|Name / Item||Make||Serial No.||Type||Date|| Reg no.|
|His Lordship||Burrell||3444||Showmans Road Locomotive||1913||CK 3403||10 nhp||1966||photo at GDSF 2008|
|The Iron Maiden||Fowler||15657||Showmans Road Locomotive||1920||FX 6661||8 nhp||2003||At GDSF 2008 (Formerly Kitchener)|
|Excelsior||Burrell||3878||Showmans Road locomotive||1921||BT 3997||6 nhp||2007||Formerly called Island Chief|
|Princess Maud||Garrett||33284||Showmans tractor||1918||DX 3099||4 nhp||1990s||Loaded up at Duncombe Park 2009|
- Collections - list of private collections of machinery in preservation
- Museums List - List of Steam and Tractor related museums & collections open to public
- Shows and Meets - events featuring Steam & tractors and classic vehicles etc.
References / sourcesEdit
- Old Glory Magazine - No. 219, page 7
- Great Dorset Steam Fair - Atkinsons regularly exhibit several engines and Organs